TITLE: International Logistics Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time
About Brothers International Food, LLC:
Brothers International Food LLC. is a privately-owned food and beverage company based in New York with offices in China and Ecuador. The company was founded in 2001 by brothers Matt and Travis Betters, whose family was involved in the processed fruit and vegetable industry for more than 65 years. In addition to supplying top-quality fruit and fruit juice concentrates to a number of Fortune 100 food companies, Brothers International is the parent company of Brothers-All-Natural, which is the #1 Freeze-Dried Snack Brand in the USA.
Lead all activities related to transportation, customs compliance, warehousing and distribution for a multi-divisional manufacturing and distribution concern.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide dynamic leadership for a multi-site team that manages all aspects of transportation, customs clearance, compliance, warehousing and fulfilment/distribution.
- Coordinate the international and domestic movement of products via air, ocean, multi-modal and over the road transportation.
- Monitor sailing schedules, transit times and port congestion to identify optimal routing.
- Ensure all Importer Security Filings (ISF) are completed in an and accurate and timely fashion.
- Manage in-house customs brokerage to ensure all imports are cleared within allotted time-frames.
- Ensure regulatory compliance for all applicable agencies including CBP, FDA, Dept. of Agriculture, etc.
- Update ERP system with milestones and ETD’s. Communicate all schedules changes with suppliers, customers and sales.
- Coordinate all transportation related to exams/holds.
- Coordinate drayage and /or transload and final delivery to warehouse. Expedite as required.
- Coordinate foreign – foreign (cross-trade) carriage from suppliers to customers.
- Perform all ERP transactions related to inbound and cross-trade international shipments including uploading of documents, status updates, and creation of inventory transfers to locate materials at destination warehouses.
- Identify opportunities for duty drawback and/or other preferences.
- Ensure regulatory compliance including but not limited to: HTS Classification, Trade Assists, Denied Party screening, and application of duties/tariffs.
- Provide oversite to both company operated and third-party (#PL) warehouses including inventory control and multi-channel fulfilment.
- Perform audit and payment for all transportation, customs clearance and logistics services invoices.
- Lead the procurement of all international and domestic transportation and logistics services via RFI/RFQ.
- Establish KPI’s, perform service reviews and drive continuous improvement initiatives for all international transportation and logistics services providers.
- Support sales team with domestic order placement & fulfillment and manage inventory levels at third-party warehouse locations.
- Provide a high level of customer service to our clients on the status of their orders & other various requests.
- Explore ways to streamline existing operational procedures & implement changes that will have a positive impact on the company.
- Build & maintain strong working relationships across the supply chain by liaising with suppliers, customers & third-party providers.
- Other duties & projects, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- 5 years of transportation experience required.
- Experience in international trade is preferred, including INCOTERMS, ISF filing, Commercial Invoices, customs clearance, Harmonized Tariff classification and Denied Parties screening.
- Associates Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Excellent computer skills including all MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) required. Familiarity with ERP systems preferred.
- Experience with ERP and TMS systems strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated success in reducing freight expense via procurement and continuous improvement activities.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Must have strong, customer support orientation, a professional demeanor, and the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Strong skills in organization and planning, demonstrated ability to lead multi-functional teams.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Ability to speak a second language is preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.