Transportation Planner (Rochester, NY or Tampa, FL)
REPORTS TO: Manager of Shared Logistics Services
About Brothers International Food, LLC:
Brothers International Holdings, LLC. is a privately-owned food and beverage company based in New York with offices in China and Florida. The company’s Ingredients division supplies top-quality fruit and fruit juice concentrates to a number of Fortune 100 food companies. The Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) division includes Brothers-All-Natural, the #1 Freeze-Dried Snack Brand, and also produces private label freeze-dried fruit snacks for some of the leading retailers in the US.
Provide support to our Logistics Department for domestic and international shipments. This will involve close collaboration with Logistics Coordinators. Plans and manages inbound and outbound transportation for both domestic and international customers and suppliers. This position provides key information and support regarding supply chain and inbound/outbound order status from factories to warehouses to end customers.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate outbound customer shipments from multiple distribution centers.
- Interact with transportation providers (all modes) to obtain rate quotes, transit times, and to track/trace/expedite shipments as required to meet customer expectations.
- Coordinate customer returns
- Create, edit and manage documents such as Delivery Orders Bills of Lading, Commercial Invoices, Packing Lists, etc.
- File set-up and maintenance for inbound Purchase Orders
- Enter information and perform transactions in corporate ERP system
- Provide delivery status and Proof of Delivery to Accounting and Sales as required
- Special projects as requested by Logistics Manager and/or Logistics Coordinators
- Learn all aspects and procedures associated with logistics & administration
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with suppliers, customers, and third-party providers.
- Prepare and manage the order fulfillment process in/out of our facilities; as well as keep track of inventory levels.
- Interact with transportation providers to obtain rate quotes, transit times, and to track/trace/expedite shipments as required.
- Make logistics arrangements to ensure on time deliveries to our customers while being cost conscience.
- Data entry into ERP system & spreadsheets.
- Occasional special projects as requested / Other duties as assigned by management.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Provide quality service to BIF internal and external customers in all assigned tasks, while upholding BIH Values at all times.
- Good oral and written communication with strong emphasis on follow-up and organizational capability.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Familiarity with ERP systems preferred.
- Experience with domestic transportation terms and procedures, including freight terms, documentation, claims filing, load planning and shipment tender.
- Experience with international terms and procedures, including INCOTERMS, ISF filing, Commercial Invoices, customs clearance and Harmonized Tariff classification.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.