Sales Manager - Ingredients (Rochester, NY)
About Brothers International Food, LLC:
Brothers International Holdings, LLC. is a privately-owned food and beverage company based in New York with offices in China and Florida. The company’s Ingredients division supplies top-quality fruit and fruit juice concentrates to numerous Fortune 100 food companies. The Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) division includes Brothers-All-Natural, the #1 Freeze-Dried Snack Brand and produces and distributes private label freeze-dried fruit snacks for some of the leading retailers in the US.
The ideal candidate will have 6+ years of outside sales experience in the food and beverage industry, existing relationships with large national and/or international food & beverage manufacturers a strong technical background, and excellent communication skills. The candidate will help drive incremental, long-term growth across existing and new customer relationships.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Identify and assertively call on existing and prospective customers.
- Interface with customers’ R&D, Food Safety, Marketing and Purchasing teams and develop personal relationships with key decision makers.
- Make technical sales presentations that showcase Brothers’ unique capabilities.
- Develop strategic plans to enter new markets/customers.
- Generate new product development ideas based on voice of customer feedback
- Attend national and international trade shows.
- Manage sales representatives.
- Visit customers throughout North America.
- Assist the operations team at Brothers with supplier relations, product development and other customer-driven food safety/quality control requirements related to new supplier and customer relationships.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- 6-10+ years of outside sales experience in the food and beverage industry.
- Specific experience selling commercial ingredients to large national and/or international food and beverage manufacturers.
- Project management, planning, organization, and communications skills.
- B.S. degree in Marketing, Business, Chemistry, Food Science, or related discipline.
- Relocation to Brothers in Rochester, NY or Tampa, FL.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.