DEPARTMENT: Retail/CPG Operations
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
About Brothers International Food, LLC:
Brothers International Food LLC. is a privately-owned food and beverage company based in New York with offices in China and Ecuador. The company was founded in 2001 by brothers Matt and Travis Betters, whose family was involved in the processed fruit and vegetable industry for more than 65 years. In addition to supplying top-quality fruit and fruit juice concentrates to a number of Fortune 100 food companies, Brothers International is the parent company of Brothers-All-Natural, which is the #1 Freeze-Dried Snack Brand in the USA.
Provide Supply Chain and Logistics support to for all Brothers International Food, LLC retail products. This will involve close collaboration with Suppliers, Customers, Transportation Providers, Sales, Accounting and Distribution. Plans and manages inbound and outbound transportation for both domestic and international customers and suppliers. Creates and manages purchase orders for outside suppliers. Assists in executing production planning and coordinating activities with contract manufacturers and co-packers. Completes all ERP transaction related to manufacturing and converting. This position provides key information and support regarding transportation options and inbound/outbound order status.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate outbound customer shipments from multiple distribution centers.
- Interact with transportation providers (all modes) to obtain rate quotes, transit times, and to track/trace/expedite shipments as required to meet customer expectations.
- Coordinate customer returns.
- Coordinate blanket releases of raw materials and review all required documentation for international carriage.
- Perform freight payment and audit and resolve disputed invoicing with carriers.
- Support all claims filing by researching and gathering required information.
- Create and edit documents such as Bills of Lading, Commercial Invoices, Packing Lists, etc.
- File set-up and maintenance of Purchase Orders.
- Perform all ERP transaction relating to production, co-packing and kitting operations.
- Reconcile raw materials inventory with contract manufacturers.
- Maintain Bills of Materials.
- Provide delivery status and Proof of Delivery to Accounting and Sales as required.
- Special projects as requested by Logistics Manager and/or Logistics Coordinators.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Provide quality service to BIFC internal and external customers in all assigned tasks, while upholding BIFC Values at all times.
- Good oral and written communication with strong emphasis on follow-up and organizational capability.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Familiarity with ERP systems preferred.
- Experience with domestic transportation terms and procedures, including freight terms, documentation, claims filing, load planning and shipment tender.
- Experience with international terms and procedures, including INCOTERMS, ISF filing, Commercial Invoices, customs clearance and Harmonized Tariff classification.
- Experience in Production planning/execution, including Bills of Material, scheduling, and assignment of materials.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.