BROTHERS INTERNATIONAL AND HOSH INTERNATIONAL COMBINE TO CREATE BEST-IN-CLASS, GLOBAL INGREDIENTS SUPPLIER NETWORK Read More
Production Control and Purchasing Specialist (Rochester, NY)
DEPARTMENT: CPG Operations
REPORTS TO: Supply Chain Manager
About Brothers International Food, LLC:
Brothers International Holdings, LLC. is a privately-owned food and beverage company based in New York with offices in China and Florida. The company’s Ingredients division supplies top-quality fruit and fruit juice concentrates to a number of Fortune 100 food companies. The Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) division includes Brothers-All-Natural, the #1 Freeze-Dried Snack Brand, and also produces private label freeze-dried fruit snacks for some of the leading retailers in the US.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist Supply Chain Manager in procurement activities such as Requests for Quotation and Vendor Qualification.
- Create and manage purchase orders for raw materials, consumables and MRO items.
- Manage outsourced co-packing activities.
- Assist Supply Chain Manager in monthly demand planning and production scheduling.
- Create and maintain purchase orders and production schedules for all outsourced manufacturing.
- Create and maintain Bills of Materials (BOM’s) for all manufactured goods.
- Perform all ERP (NetSuite) transactions related to assembly and production.
- Perform monthly inventory reconciliation for raw materials.
- Monitor production schedules and provide updates to all internal customers regarding delays and changes.
- Expedite production orders when required to meet customer demand.
- Monitor and ensure correct costing for all purchased and manufactured goods within the ERP system.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Knowledge of all purchasing activities including RFP/RFQ, vendor qualification, purchase orders and cost analysis.
- Knowledge of production control including BOM’s, production scheduling, work orders, kitting, and management of outsourced manufacturing activities.
- Knowledge of international logistics, including air freight, ocean transportation, and INCOTERMS.
- Experience in Customs/Trade Compliance including trade assists and HTS classification preferred.
- ERP experience relating to inventory control, purchasing, and production transactions (NetSuite preferred).
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products; proficiency in Excel.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving; critical thinking with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Excellent interpersonal, written & oral communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills; ability to perform/prioritize multiple tasks to meet various deadlines.
- Self-motivated; ability to work with minimal supervision.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.