Supply Chain Supervisor (Rochester, NY)
About Brothers International Food, LLC:
Brothers International Food Holdings, LLC is based in Rochester, New York with offices in Fort Lauderdale & Tampa, Florida and Shanghai (China). Since the company was founded in 2000, the company has been led by Founder and CEO, Travis Betters, whose family had been passionately involved in the processed fruit and vegetable industry for more than 70 years.
Brothers International Ingredients Division is a full-service direct importer, distributor, and supplier of bulk packaged ingredients for the food and beverage industry. In addition to supplying top-quality fruit and fruit juices, Brothers International is the parent company of Brothers-All-Natural, a leading Freeze-Dried Snack brand. Both Branded and Private label products can be found in retailers nationwide.
In 2021, Brothers International acquired Dennick FruitSource. The combination allowed these two leading B2B ingredients companies to significantly expand their diversified product portfolio to better serve their customer base as a global supplier. In 2023, Brothers International acquired Hosh International LLC. Hosh is a value-added supplier of fruit and vegetable juice concentrates and purees to global CPG companies, operating a similar business model to Brothers’ B2B fruit ingredients division.
Support manufacturing by managing, evaluating, negotiating, and sourcing raw materials globally (primarily fruit). Develop and maintain demand forecasts for all Finished Goods. Create production schedules for all contract manufacturing facilities to ensure product availability. Coordinate introduction of new products and packaging. Maintains plant operations by identifying and fulfilling materials requirements.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop supplier relationships by establishing standards, conducting site visits, monitoring compliance, and negotiate prices.
- Sustains competitive product pricing by negotiating material costs; identify new suppliers.
- Procures ingredients by monitoring production plan, schedule, quantities produced, and inventory; placing orders; expediting delivery.
- Control, update and maintain specification database.
- Work closely with Quality Control and Project Managers to streamline product sourcing.
- Establish demand forecast and planning methodologies that incorporate both historical trends and planned promotional activities.
- Maintain optimal inventory levels by developing production schedules for all contract manufacturing partners based on forecasts, capacities, raw material availability, price and quality.
- Coordinate with logistics to provide up-to-date and detailed information on raw materials and finished products.
- Develops plans by analyzing and interpreting data; making comparable analyses; recommending options and courses of action.
- Identifies buying patterns by researching buying activities; inputting buying data and economic indicators
- Drive purchasing function to ensure quality, cost and uninterrupted supply of key materials and finished goods.
- Other duties as assigned by management
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Provide quality service to Brothers International Food, LLC internal and external customers in all assigned tasks, while upholding corporate values at all times.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field, or Associates Degree and significant relevant work experience.
- Good oral and written communication with strong emphasis on follow-up and organizational capability.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Outlook, including strong Excel skills.
- Familiarity with ERP systems preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of demand planning, forecasting and production scheduling.
- Ability to analyze complex data sets and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Experience with international suppliers and or contract
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.