Human Resources Generalist (Rochester, NY)
About Brothers International Food, LLC:
Brothers International Food Holdings, LLC is based in Rochester, New York with offices in Fort Lauderdale & Tampa, Florida and Shanghai (China). Since the company was founded in 2000, the company has been led by Founder and CEO, Travis Betters, whose family had been passionately involved in the processed fruit and vegetable industry for more than 70 years.
Brothers International Ingredients Division is a full-service direct importer, distributor, and supplier of bulk packaged ingredients for the food and beverage industry. In addition to supplying top-quality fruit and fruit juices, Brothers International is the parent company of Brothers-All-Natural, a leading Freeze-Dried Snack brand. Both Branded and Private label products can be found in retailers nationwide.
In 2021, Brothers International acquired Dennick FruitSource. The combination allowed these two leading B2B ingredients companies to significantly expand their diversified product portfolio to better serve their customer base as a global supplier. In 2023, Brothers International acquired Hosh International LLC. Hosh is a value-added supplier of fruit and vegetable juice concentrates and purees to global CPG companies, operating a similar business model to Brothers’ B2B fruit ingredients division.
Partnering with the Human Resources Manager, the HR Generalist serves as an on-site resource to personnel while providing support to multiple site locations. This individual will be primarily responsible for the day-to-day administration of human resources programs and processes. In addition, you will build strong relationships with employees and managers to assist in human resource needs.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the maintenance of personnel files within HRIS; rate changes, direct deposits, benefit data
- Process weekly and biweekly payroll for the organization
- Maintain employee time and attendance in HRIS
- Assist in the maintenance and funding of employee and company HSA contributions
- Assist in talent acquisition efforts by drafting job descriptions and posting career opportunities to draw excitement and engagement to open positions
- Support in the recruitment process of sourcing new hires by reviewing resume submissions for qualifications.
- Schedule phone screens and interviews and document within HRIS
- Utilize HRIS to conduct pre-hire onboarding and new hire orientation; including drug screening and background checks
- Support open enrollment for multi-state employees by partnering with the company TPA
- Reconcile monthly billing statements and submit to finance
- Strategize and conduct employee engagement plans and company events
- Knowledge to maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommend best practices
- Special projects as requested and other duties as assigned by management.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- 3 years’ experience in Human Resources or Business Administration
- Associates degree in Human Resources or similar field
- Excellent oral and written communication with a strong emphasis on follow-up
- The desire to achieve and take initiative within the department
- Experience with an HRIS or payroll platform, Paylocity preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.