Brothers International Ingredients and Dennick FruitSource Combine to Form Growing B2B Ingredients Platform. Read More
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Rochester, NY)
REPORTS TO: Accounting Manager
About Brothers International Food, LLC:
Brothers International Holdings, LLC. is a privately-owned food and beverage company based in New York with offices in China and Florida. The company’s Ingredients division supplies top-quality fruit and fruit juice concentrates to a number of Fortune 100 food companies. The Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) division includes Brothers-All-Natural, the #1 Freeze-Dried Snack Brand, and also produces private label freeze-dried fruit snacks for some of the leading retailers in the US.
This position is responsible for managing the cash cycle for accounts receivable. Primary responsibilities include cash application, invoicing and collections.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain records according to generally accepted accounting principles including the recording of general journal entries, accounts receivable, cash management, collections and reconciliation of bank statements.
- Timely and accurate generation and submission of sales invoices
- Receive incoming payments including ACH, wires & checks
- Manage collections process for Ingredients divisions including regular customer contact, tracking short-paid and past due invoices, and escalating issues to appropriate sales team and management employees
- Collect references for pending credit applications
- Generate various internal reports as assigned
- General office duties, which includes but not limited to filing, sorting mail, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by management
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or 2 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with bookkeeping software is required, NetSuite experience is preferred
- Strong knowledge of bookkeeping practices and procedures
- Accuracy and attention to detail is absolutely required, as well as a track record of reliability, confidentiality, andconscientious work habits
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to organize and prioritize effectively
- Ability to interpret data and make cost effective decisions
- Ability to adapt and work efficiently in a rapidly changing dynamic environment with deadline pressures
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.