BROTHERS INTERNATIONAL AND HOSH INTERNATIONAL COMBINE TO CREATE BEST-IN-CLASS, GLOBAL INGREDIENTS SUPPLIER NETWORK Read More
Operations Coordinator (Rochester, NY or Tampa, FL)
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
About Brothers International Food, LLC:
Brothers International Holdings, LLC. is a privately-owned food and beverage company based in New York with offices in China and Florida. The company’s Ingredients division supplies top-quality fruit and fruit juice concentrates to a number of Fortune 100 food companies. The Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) division includes Brothers-All-Natural, the #1 Freeze-Dried Snack Brand, and also produces private label freeze-dried fruit snacks for some of the leading retailers in the US.
Provide Supply Chain and Logistics support to for all Brothers International Food, LLC products.
This will involve close collaboration with Suppliers, Customers, Transportation Providers, Sales, Accounting and Distribution. Plans and manages inbound and outbound transportation for both domestic and international customers and suppliers. Creates and manages purchase orders for outside suppliers. Assists in executing production planning and coordinating activities with contract manufacturers and co-packers. Completes all ERP transaction related to manufacturing and converting. This position provides key information and support regarding transportation options and inbound/outbound order status.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare and monitor contracts in conjunction with the sales team; Coordinate the development and implementation of contract administration plans and provide on-going oversight of contract performance and issue corrective actions when needed.
- Facilitate timely and accurate account /orders management for various customers, via direct communication with the customers, vendors, and sales team.
- Build strong customer relationships while supporting sales personnel in identifying customer practices and needs to resolve issues and identify process improvements. Proactively seek to understand the needs of the customers and provide the highest standards of service.
- Monitor and track all pending orders, including entering, troubleshooting, and communicating information about scheduling, cancellations, and inactive orders.
- Mitigate customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within time limits; provide follow up to ensure optimal resolution.
- Review contracts and orders for completeness and accuracy. Acquire needed information and/or approvals prior to releasing order for shipment (i.e.: pricing discrepancies, sample and quality requirements, approval to ship close-dated cases, etc.).
- Collaborate with Sales on contract releases and generate shipment releases & labeling, send to the supplier
- Communicate with overseas suppliers and Shared Services Team
- Review and approve sailing schedule, draft labels, draft commercial invoices, draft B/L, and coordinate bookings
- File set-up and maintaining of related files and update shipment release and backlog in ERP
- Gather ISF data to submit to Shared Services
- Determine whether substitutions / date changes are required for order fulfillment based upon projected shortages as compared to planned production / scheduled transfers/aging inventory.
- Manage and organize documentation requirements and compliance mandates per customer and government regulations, including IFS data.
- Responsible for meticulous and detailed record keeping for auditing and reporting purposes.
- Perform daily activities of the invoicing and billing functions. Assists in the tracking and necessary follow-up action for life of invoice.
- Provide A/R with invoice management assistance to resolve short/over payments and claims; communicate issue, root cause and resolution to internal and external customers in a timely manner.
- Manage returns, damage claims and complaints; communicate cause and resolution to affected/responsible business partners, assign action items to appropriate personnel and ensure approval is obtained.
- Participate in team initiatives to further continuous improvement.
- Occasional special projects as requested / Other duties as assigned by management.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Provide quality service to BIF internal and external customers in all assigned tasks, while always upholding BIF Values.
- Good oral and written communication with strong emphasis on follow-up and organizational capability.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Familiarity with ERP systems preferred.
- Experience with domestic transportation terms and procedures, including freight terms, documentation, claims filing, load planning and shipment tender.
- Experience with international terms and procedures, including INCOTERMS, ISF filing, Commercial Invoices, customs clearance, and Harmonized Tariff classification.
- Experience in Production planning/execution, including Bills of Material, scheduling, and assignment of materials.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.