TITLE: Senior Logistics Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Shared Logistics Services
REPORTS TO: Stevin Armstrong
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time
About Brothers International Food, LLC:
Brothers International Holdings, LLC. is a privately-owned food and beverage company based in New York with offices in China and Florida. The company’s Ingredients division supplies top-quality fruit and fruit juice concentrates to a number of Fortune 100 food companies. The Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) division includes Brothers-All-Natural, the #1 Freeze-Dried Snack Brand, and also produces private label freeze-dried fruit snacks for some of the leading retailers in the US.
The Senior Logistics Coordinator assists the Manager of Shared Logistics Services in developing strategy and ongoing improvements of the logistics network across Brothers International Holdings.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- This leader will manage the operational effectiveness of our Transportation from end to end through the development of a scalable and sustainable network, the creation of solid foundational processes and systems, and working cross functionally to optimize lead-time, cost, and service level.
- Oversee Logistics activities to ensure that customer requirements are consistently satisfied while achieving performance targets related to Transportation lead-times, cost, and service level.
- This role is responsible for the strategy and execution of the Transportation activities for commercial distribution while aligning processes and policies with those of functional partners (e.g., Commercial, Operational, Financial and Customer Service).
- Responsible for the daily Transportation operations across multiple manufacturing, warehouses, consignments, and cross-docks.
- Cultivate the relationship with the Managed Transportation 3rd party partner by aligning the strategic vision of the organization, to achieve optimal cost and service level. Establish key performance metrics for 3PL providers.
- Implement process improvement projects that focus on high service and low-cost dedicated transportation and distribution, such as network optimization, procurement of extended warehouses, carriers, disposal sites, staging sites and footprint analysis.
- Continuously assess, measure, and analyze the transportation network and strategy across the business, to identify optimal freight solutions that focuses on cost and service level.
- Partner with the Sales team to drive the RFPs (request for proposal) across ocean and over the road transportation, to ensure the commercial strategy aligns with the expected service and cost levels.
- Develops and implements a routing guide to drive common carrier spend to the right carriers, as well as develops a process to ensure routing guide compliance.
- Provide guidance on import Freight Classification and C-TPAT management compliance.
- Identify business requirements, processes, and workflows related to Transportation strategy and advocate viable solutions through utilizing technology applications.
- Establishes collaborative relationships built on ethical values, trust and commitment with customers and business partners for long term sustainability.
In addition to the general overview above, these are some of tasks that are performed daily:
- Managing and updating our ERP and spreadsheets for accuracy. (Delivery dates, Terminal pick up appointments, ETA updates)
- Daily analysis and communication with team regarding warehouse and client delivery scheduling.
- Communicating transshipment/voyage delays to our customers and carriers.
- Communicating with shipping lines to procure accurate updates with voyage schedules and communicating with United States Customs and Border Patrol, FDA, USDA, CPSC, on various holds: CTE Hold, PGA/Commercial Enforcement Holds and shipping line holds and customs exams such as: VACIS exam, Tail Gate Exams, and Intensive exams via CEA to ultimately clear container for pick up at the terminals.
- Confirming shipping line arrival to ensure that all collect charges have been paid or inquire if invalid to release cargo inside of the terminal upon arrival. (Exam charges, Genset Charges, Wharfage charges, Misc. importing fees/charges.)
- Mitigative issues with vendors and shipping lines regarding OBL surrender and verification of Telex/Express releases.
- Meticulous documentation of all associated costs related to additional freight charges, demurrage, per-diem container delay charges, warehouse and yard storage charges, disposal, sanitization, repair charge, etc. on each container before close of contract.
- Dispute and troubleshoot per diem invoices with shipping lines, warehouses, carriers due to no empty return locations or terminal error.
- Reserving and coordinating with vendors for gensets for all frozen/refrigerated cargo.
- Coordinating/Scheduling offsite CBP Exams. (Tracking containers for Intensive Exam Completion.)
- Sourcing ocean freight rates from freight forwarders and pushing them over to the sales team.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- 3+ years of experience in Transportation (IML, FTL, LTL, Air, Ocean, Parcel, etc...)
- 3+ experience in steering and implementing strategic initiatives
- 3+ years of experience of effectively prioritizing tasks and motivating others to execute
- Experience in International trade is preferred.
- Associates Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Strong Interpersonal, Communications and Influencing skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Strong customer support orientation, a professional demeanor, and the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm with strong sense of urgency and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- People management & Leadership experience with the ability to exercise personal influence and resolve conflict
- Articulate performance goals, measures, and target financial terms
- High proficiency in MS Suite products (specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Experience in NetSuite, PayCargo, Emodal, Descartes, Marine Traffic, Freightos (and other ocean freight booking platforms).
- Knowledge to analyze large and multi-dimensional data and familiarity with data warehousing and architecture tools
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.