About Brothers International Food Corporation:
Brothers, based on Rochester N.Y., is a highly successful food company with two distinct and complementary divisions: (i) the ingredients division, a value-added importer and distributor of unique and exotic fruit ingredients sold to large food and beverage companies and (ii) the Brothers All-Natural division, the market leader in branded, private-label, and co-branded freeze-dried fruit snacks sold through supermarket, mass, drug, and e-commerce retailers.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serves as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting, and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Identifies staff vacancies and oversees hiring process, including coordinating job posts, reviewing resumes, and performing reference checks.
- Administer new employee background checks and drug screen process.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientations to foster positive attitudes toward organizational objectives.
- Analyzes and modifies benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Administers compensation, benefits, and performance management.
- Provides current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, and other work-related information.
- Maintains records and compiles statistical reports concerning personnel-related data.
- Conducts New Hire 30 day and 90 day reviews along with Management.
- Conducts exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination.
- Develops, recommend, and implement personnel policies and procedures, as well as maintaining Employee Handbook.
- Maintain affirmative action program, records, reports, and logs which conform with Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) regulations.
- Conduct HR programs audits and oversee its corrective action.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters and recommends needed changes.
- Negotiates contracts with service providers and suppliers, such as cleaning, pest control, HVAC, and recycle/waste providers.
- Assists company staff with complex or non-routine purchasing needs.
- Makes recommendations regarding selection of large acquisitions and specialized items.
- Approves purchases and maintains relationships with outside vendors, negotiates contracts and various purchasing agreements.
- Directs the development of systems, methods, and procedures to facilitate efficient and effective departmental operations.
- Coordinates services for events, such as company picnics, celebrations, catering, and holiday gatherings.
- Participate in administrative staff meetings; attending other meetings with business partners in order to assist when necessary.
COORDINATE HEALTH & SAFETY PROGRAM:
- Recommends measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
- Inspects or evaluates workplace environments, equipment, or practices to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
- Investigates accidents and near-misses to identify causes or to determine how such accidents and near-misses might be prevented in the future.
- Investigates the adequacy of ventilation, exhaust equipment, lighting, or other conditions that could affect employee health, comfort, or performance.
- Conducts safety training programs and demonstrates the use of safety equipment.
- Investigates health-related complaints and inspects facilities to ensure that they comply with laws and regulations.
- Provides new-employee health and safety orientations and develop materials for these presentations.
- Inspects specified areas to ensure the presence of fire prevention equipment, safety equipment, or first-aid supplies.
- Maintains inventories of hazardous materials or hazardous wastes, using waste tracking systems to ensure that materials are handled properly.
COORDINATE TRAINING PROGRAM:
- Map out training plans, design and develop training programs (outsourced or in-house)
- Choose appropriate training methods per case (simulations, mentoring, on the job training, professional development classes, etc)
- Market available training opportunities to employees and provide necessary information.
- Conduct organization wide needs assessment and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed.
- Use accepted education principles and track new training methods and techniques.
- Design and prepare educational aids and materials.
- Maintain updated curriculum database and training records.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred
- A minimum of 5 years related HR experience, at least 3 of these years in a management role.
- Broad generalist background including coaching and counseling, performance management, employee involvement, teambuilding, as well as compensation and benefits.
- Thorough knowledge of HR principles and federal/local regulations
- Experience in implementing and administering performance programs, preferably in a company that put strong emphasis on performance metrics.
- Must have demonstrated success in recruiting and retaining diverse employee talent, including creating and implementing recruitment strategies.
- Exceptional project and personnel management skills
- Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy, fast growth environment.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Power Point is essential
- Exhibit extraordinary discretion, flexibility, and willingness to work closely with our senior management team.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.